ANSI Certificate Handling Policy
Diversys Learning Inc, as the Certificate Issuer, is the sole responsible entity for the decision to award the certificate. This decision to award the certificate will not be outsourced.
Certificates will include, at a minimum:
- Certificate Holder’s Name
- Title and Scope of the Certificate Program
- Certificate Issue Date
- Certificate Expiration Date
- Name of the Certificate Issuer.
Information regarding certificate status and the ability to obtain a copy of the certificate will be available to the student via the Diversys Learning website.
Diversys Learning will publish and maintain the following on its website allowing the student to review the information prior to taking the course:
- Certificate program purpose, scope, and intended learning outcomes
- Description of requisites
- Requirements for participation
- Fees, deadlines, cancellation, and refunds policy
Certificates will not state or imply that certificate holders are certified, licensed, accredited, or registered to engage in a specific occupation or profession.
5.1.6. Certificates will be invalidated only if the person was found to not to have fulfilled the course requisites. Examples include falsification of identity or fraudulent completion of the assessment examination.
The Student or Certificate Holder can provide complaint feedback to Diversys Learning regarding the Certificate Program. For the student, a course survey is provided at the conclusion of each course. In addition, feedback can be submitted via our Online Support Form .
Complaints are reviewed and responded to within 3 business days. The customer service agent will attempt to resolve complaints and appeals via email and phone support. The results of this informal resolution process will be documented in the student's profile. If the informal process does not resolve the issue, then a formal complaint or appeal can be submitted by the learner.
The Program Director or any other Diversys Learning personnel may request a corrective or preventative action to be initiated based on a customer complaint(s). Complaint data will be analyzed and reviewed at the periodic management review meeting and the course specific evaluation meetings.
Examples of Customer Complaints May Include:
- Course Content or Presentation
- Course Player Malfunction or Usage
- Unclear or Unfair Assessment Questions
The Student or Certificate Holder may request a reconsideration of an adverse decision. The request will be submitted through our Appeals Form.
Examples of customer appeal requests include:
- Request a change to a score because the assessment was incorrect
- Request to re-take an assessment test due to the assessment conditions or a technical error in course assessment.
Students will be asked to provide:
- Their Name
- First and Last Name (required)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Statement of Appeal, the statement must include the:
- Stated appeal
- Reason for the stated appeal
- Date of the event
- Any relevant supporting documentation
The appeals procedure provides a timely and fair review of the appeal request and consists of the following steps (Times are approximate and are business days only):
- Appeal Identified (same day)
- Course Manager Notified (first day)
- Course Manager initial response to student or certificate holder stating that the appeal has been received (first day)
- Course Manager and Program Director review the appeal request as to need of subject matter expert (SME) review (third day)
- If SME review is not needed - Course Manager and Program Director finalize the review and document the decision on Attachment 1 “Appeal Review Form” (seventh day).
- If SME review is required – Course Manager contacts the course SME and obtains their input on the appeal request. Course Manager and SME finalize the review and document the decision on Attachment 1 “Appeal Review Form” (seventh day).
- Program Director, Course Manager, and SME (if required) approve the Appeal Review Form. The record of the approved form is scanned and stored in CP 5041 Complaints and Appeals Records (eighth day).
- Course Manager contacts the student or certificate holder and informs them of the decision on the appeals request (tenth day).
The Program Director is responsible for the complaints and appeals processes and records.
Nondiscrimination and ADA Policy
It is the policy of Diversys Learning Inc. not to discriminate against qualified individuals with regard to any aspect of employment.
In accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), Diversys Learning Inc. will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities. Diversys Learning Inc. will consider ADA requests for reasonable accommodations.
To request accommodation:
Please send us the following information below and mail it to us at:
Diversys Learning Inc.
Attn: Certificate Accreditation Program
1101 Arrow Point Dr. Suite 302
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Please include the following information in your request:
- Name and date
- Contact information (phone / email)
- Define the disability and how it affects your ability to sign up or take the training program
- Define the type of accommodation that you are requesting
- Explain how the accommodation(s) will allow you to properly take the training program
Revision: December 2017