Food Handler Safety Training - Arizona
Online Food Handler Training Course - Arizona
$7.00 With Discount Code AZ7 - Enroll Now!
This food handler safety certificate course focuses on safe food preparation and handling techniques and is intended for anyone that works in food preparation, storage, or service.
The course content is based on the the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Code. Upon completion of the course, you can immediately print your food handler certificate and wallet card.
This Food Handler Safety Program was developed by Diversys Learning specifically for Food Handlers. This course is accredited by ANSI and is accepted by law in Gila, Maricopa, Mohave, Pinal, and Yavapai counties in Arizona.
Food Handler Safety - Course Features
Our food handler safety course is an online interactive training program. The course has full audio narration but also printed text in case you do not have speakers. Training is available 24x7.
Works on Computers, Tablets & Mobile Phones:
Our training course work on all devices including: smart phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs. If needed, you can conveniently switch back and forth between your phone (or tablet) and your computer, while taking the online course.
Self-Paced Training:This course is about 1.5 hours long. Once you start your course, you can train at your own pace. You can log in and out of your training account but your place in the course will be saved. You will have 1 year to complete your course.
Printable Food Handler Card:
After successfully completing this course & passing the final exam you will be able to immediately print your official certificate.
100% Pass Guarantee:
We offer a 100% pass guarantee, which means if you fail the final exam, you will be enrolled for a new course at no charge.
This online course does not provide any continuing education units or academic credits.
Food Handler Safety Course - Learning Objectives
This food handler certificate course will teach you the importance of safe food handling as well as how to properly clean and sanitize your establishment.
This course consists of seven units of instruction with a test your knowledge quiz at the end of each unit. There is a 40 question multiple choice final exam which requires a passing score of 70%. Click on each unit button below to view the topics for the intended learning objectives in that unit.
Unit 1 - Introduction to Food Handling Safety
- Importance of Proper Food Safety
- Risk Factors of Foodborne Illness due to Food Preparation
- Hazards Associated with Foodborne Illness
- Key Definitions and Terms
- Unit 1: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 2 - Personal Health and Hygiene
- Importance of Hygiene and Proper Handwashing
- Techniques for Effective Handwashing
- Proper Clothing and Attire
- Symptoms and Steps to Take When Employees may be Ill
- Unit 2: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 3 - Time and Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods
- Definition of TCS Foods
- Temperature Danger Zones
- Proper Food Receiving and Storage Techniques
- Unit 3: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 4 - Food Preparation
- Proper Food Thawing and Safe Preparation Methods
- Correct Cooking Temperatures and Times for Different Foods
- Proper Food Holding Procedures
- Proper Food Cooling Techniques
- Correct Reheating Methods
- Unit 4: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 5 - Cross Contamination
- Importance of Cross Contamination
- Appropriate Controls to Prevent Cross Contamination
- Symptoms of a Food Allergy Reaction and Steps to Take
- Common Foods that Cause Allergic Reactions
- Unit 5: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 6 - Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Proper Techniques for Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Where and When to Clean and Sanitize
- Proper Use of a 3-Compartment Sink
- Unit 6: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 7 - Pest Control
- Primary Pests that are a Source of Food Contamination
- Indications of Pests and Actions to Take
- How to Prevent Pests at your Establishment
- Unit 7: Test Your Knowledge
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 70% Passing Score Required
Food Handler Certification Card
Your food handler card is available to print or save immediately after you complete the course. It will be emailed to the email address on file and is also accessible by logging into your account.
If you do not have printer, you will have the option to have the card mailed to for $5.00. You can select this option at checkout.
Your printable certificate includes 3 parts: a Certificate of Completion, a wallet card, and a part for your employer to keep on file.
Your certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completion in the state of Arizona.
Food Handler Safety - Arizona Recognized Training
This Food Handler Safety course is ANSI accredited and accepted in:
- Gila County
- - All food employees must obtain food service worker certificate within 30 days of hiring.
- Maricopa County
- - Food Employee Certificates are required for employment.
- Mohave County
- - Food Handler Cards are required within 30 days of employment.
- Pinal County
- - Food Handler Permits are required within 30 days of employment.
- Yavapai County
- - Food Worker Certificate Required within 30 days of employment.
For information on a county not listed above, please contact the county health department.
ANSI Food Handler Safety Course Accreditation
This Food Handler Training certificate program is accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute) against the ASTM E2659 standard. Our approval number is 1267. View Diversys Learning Inc's ANSI Accredited courses here.
For more information regarding this ANSI Certificate Program Policy: Click Here